Persons who would like to be considered as a faculty fellow must submit a full paper and follow the same submission process as others for a full paper. You will only need to indicate that you would like to be considered to become a faculty fellow by checking the box in EDAS when completing your submission.
February 6, 2015: Submit your abstract for a full paper
March 16, 2015: Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection.
April 27, 2015: If the abstract is accepted, a full paper (8 page limit) is due on April 27, 2015.
May 20, 2015: Authors will be notified of peer review results
July 10, 2015: Revised papers are due on July 10, 2015, and fellowship packet will be sent to candidate.
The FIE New Faculty Fellows Grant provides up to five $1000 grants to assist the recipients in traveling to the conference. The $1000 grant is awarded after the conference and is awarded only to fellows who:
- attend the entire conference (through Saturday),
- participate in all activities organized for the faculty fellows,
- present their paper in a conference session, and
- produce a poster about their career, teaching, and research interests for display during the "Focus on Faculty Fellows" session
Authors who have submitted a full paper and are either:
- Assistant professors of engineering or computer science with no more than two years of employment as a faculty member or an instructor, at the time of the abstract submission, or
- Doctoral candidates defending dissertations during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Since 2011, this grant has been made possible by the Educational Research and Methods Division (ERM) of the American Society for Engineering Education. From 2005 - 2010, the grant program was sponsored by the Center for the Advancement of Scholarship on Engineering Education (CASEE) of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE). Prior to that, sponsors were the Microsoft Corporation, the Verizon Corporation, the Lemelson New Education Assistance Program, the National Science Foundation, and the Sloan Foundation. The past award winners, from the inception of the award in 1997, can be found here.
If you have any questions about the FIE New Faculty Fellows Grant, please contact James Huff at firstname.lastname@example.org.